Friday, April 14, 2017

Twenty-First Century Poetry.


Twenty-First Century

Poetry.





agenda, I determine to 
set ,
gate keep where needed and
necessary,
engender debate,
discourage argument,
squabble, and blow up,
media I will become to 
global audience,
message-I will deliver to 
homes far and wide.

paradigm shift I will 
spearhead,
aesthetics or rhythmic
expression
I’m substituting with
real messages,
forms and conventions,
with differential interpretations,
I’m replacing with day-to-day
realities of mankind.

concerns that threaten
mankind become priority,
malaise redefining man by day,
explain by emotive responses of
figures of speech,
I’m replacing with tangibility
for proclamation at public square.

multiple interpretations from
ambiguity, symbolism, irony, and
different poetic styles,
I’m replacing with plain messages
for a street man to intellectual giant 
in house of wisdom.

metaphor-its siblings-
simile and metonymy-
poetic use of images-
common and uncommon,
I’ll relate to daily experience.

poetic elements of-
rhyme, scheme or meter, and
sound,
I’ll make spirited and ebullient. 

verses and stanzas-
I’ll turn to hymns of joy,
pain caused morose and 
melancholy,
message of hope will enliven.


different messages shall 
take place of genres,
poetry-I’ll make a gospel,
every known subject or 
course shall become 
epistle, and poetic apostle 
shall I become.



revolution-I promise-
twenty-first century 
poetry;
twenty-first century poetry;


Welcome. 

Image result for 21st century poetry
Image result for 21st century poetry





No comments: