Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Female Genital Mutilation-Another Abuse.


Female Genital Mutilation-

Another Abuse



Leave me as I’m created
touch not any part of my
body,
recreate me not and
my womanhood
I say treat with respect and
dignity.


Subject me not to horror of pain,
deliver my soul from eternal
mental and emotional torture;
hold your scalpel for it produces
no medical benefits,
spare my body of un-necessary
surgery with no biological or
social gains.


My sexuality do not reverse,
my divinely created sexuality-
do not violate or
infringe upon it,
trample not upon my body and
trespass not upon my body space

Let no primordial culture
limit my sexuality,
my desires, pleasure, and
energy within me-
the temple-where altar of
human intimacy resides,
let no one destroy.


I say-my clitoral hood,
leave alone,
my inner labia touch not,
infibulation-the pharaonic  
circumcision- I do not want.

Let my sexual potency stay,
let nature take charge of
my sexual power,
let mental clock control
my body;
leave my body alone
let no culture haunt my soul.

My essence as a human,
reduce it not by half,
rather let me live a full and
complete life of a woman.


This work is dedicated to womenfolk-their struggles and fights in the cultures, societies, and countries where female genital mutilation is sacrosanct.

Places like Yemen, Iraq, Kurdistan, Somalia, Guinea, Djibouti, Egypt, Sierra-Leone, Mali, Sudan, Eritrea, Gambia, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Mauritania, Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Chad, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Senegal, Nigeria, Central African Republic, Tanzania, Benin, Togo,  Ghana, Nigeria, Uganda, and Cameroon.




No comments: