Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Africa-Years of Pain


Africa-Years of Pain-

Africa-I won’t lose-

faith in you,

because your future

is great,

Africa-I won’t write you

off,

because your tomorrow

is certain.

 https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/802837071046971979/Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., with a portrait of Mahatma Ghandi.
Photo Credit:


Africa-I won’t forget-

your dreams,

because some day-

it will come to past;

Africa-I won’t forget-

Yesterday’s cries,

water that nurtures

today’s greenery.

 A statue depicting USA track and field athletes Tommie Smith, C, and John Carlos, R, as they raised gloved fists during their medal ceremony at the 1968 Summer Olympics is housed in the Sports Galleries at the #Smithsonian Institute's National Museum of African American History and Culture, #NMAAHC, on September 14, 2016, in Washington, DC. All three of these sprinters, including Australian #PeterNorman, left, wore #HumanRights badges on their jackets.

Photo Credit: https://www.readingthepictures.org/2016/09/african-american-museum/

Africa-I won’t forget-

your children’s journey

across Atlantic,

to build nations,

Africa-I remember-

those sun beats in

plantations from

Brazil to North America.



Africa-I remember-

those abuses,

which no human

law can rectify,

I remember family

disruption and tear-apart,

I remember all open and

indoor wailings.

 Related image

Photo Credit: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/365987907195136947/?lp=true

I remember those

cheap and unpaid

labors

from sunset to

sunrise.



Oh! I can recall

those fears-you

live with-

for centuries;

I remember the

trauma-

emotional pains-

no therapy can fix.



I remember days

Days of famine and

thirst;

I remember-mothers’

cries- seeing her son

lynched for trivialities.



Never will I forget

unnecessary dirges

sung in churches as

memorials.



Africa-shall I forget-

sub human life-

you lived?

A record mind will

ALWAYS REMEMBER.


No comments: