Wednesday, June 20, 2018

ARTIST


Artist!

Construct me no more,

draw me no more,

etch me on stone

no more,

paint me on canvas and paper

no more,

sculpture me no more,

carve me not on wood

anymore,

photograph me white and

black,

multi colors no more.

 

Give my heart no more

color nature assigns it not,

give my mind no more

paint inconsistent with it,

but give my soul correct

identity,

give my essence exact

personality,

stereotype me no more,

that’s not who I’m.



Define me by character,

call me by content

exhibited,

respect my soul,

dignify me essence.

Image result for wrong portrayal of black 

Make portrait not of image,

but portrait of a person,

let character match picture,

let outside and inside colors

be same;

call today not by my

ancestors’ life,

let today be what I’m,

if you notice connection

between the past and present,

take no hasty decision on me.



Let my soul live not

on handout from you,

but from my skill and

handiwork;

let light of justice

prevail and shine upon

all,

rain of equality spread

around,

air of fairness touch every

corner,

land of equity sustain

every soul.

 Related image

Then your arts will

have meanings,

paint will be a good

reflection,

photograph will be same

in print and in character,

etching will convey true

message,

sculpture will communicate,

woodwork will be ALIVE.








No comments: