Wednesday, June 20, 2018

BABYLON


BABYLON:

Between-Euphrates

and Tigris,

I was located,

Ancient gods

found home in me,

Beliefs I professed

were numerous,

Yoke-I placed-upon

captives,

Life buried in religious

activities-I encouraged,

On top of hanging

garden my beauty

laid,

Nations far and near

feared me with awe.

 Related image

Because of the great rivers,

I remained impregnable,

All enemies I subdued,

Before me was a

ginormous wealth,

I lived in luxury and

opulence,

Year-round-I lack

nothing,

Like-lion-I roared,

Over the world-

I ruled upon,

Nebuchadnezzar-

our king-made it

happened.



Babel was in

me,

Aggression my way of

life,

Brutality from me know

no bounds,

Yet-God of heaven-

I did not fear,

Licentious life-

trademark in the

city of gods,

Ogre to world around me,

Nothing I cared about.



Pronto my end

came,

Anon glory in me

vanished,

Posthaste-power and

influence-I lost,

Lickety-split-every

good things in me

gone.



I became an object of

ridicule for centuries,

in time I represented

everything evil,

for centuries I stood

for everything ungodly,

today-I’m forgotten,

lay in ruins



No soul live in me,

no single house is

found in me,

no male singer in me,

no female choir in me.

 Image result for babylon



No father in me,

no mother in me,

no generation line

in me,

no cry of baby is

heard in me anymore,

but bleating, cry,

and wailing of nightjar.



No tambourine in me,

no cymbal, no drum,

nothing that call for

joy lives in me again.



No exultation in me,

no joy and pleasure

in me again,

no excitement at city

center,

no beautiful shout at

my gates anymore,

no more river front

I love to watch

between Euphrates

and Tigris.



Oh! No more shout for

victory after returning

from war,

no more hanging garden,

no more maiden at temple

gates,



Oh! Babylon-where is

your glory?

Babylon-where is

your decoration?

In a day your

beauty disappeared,

in an hour your greatness

lost.



Babylon-you became-

slaves like captives

within your gate,

with yoke-you served-

foreign kings,

in time you were

effaced from earth.





 Image result for babylon












No comments: