Monday, April 3, 2017

My School's Subjects


My School’s Subjects!

English-you taught me to

become a “civilized or

cultured man”

that I may stand before

queen,

mathematics, I studied

to know the four wings-

addition, subtraction,

division, and multiplication;

more so, to manipulate figures.



Oh! Geography-

my environment

you brought closer,

even I have lived in it

for decades,

sad and good memories

of yesterday-history keep

telling me.



Anatomy and physiology

within me,

biology keeps explaining,

relationship among body

parts and functions-

biology never fail to

teach me daily;

chemical composition, formation,

functions-

chemistry takes upon self

to elucidate,

Copernicus, Socrates, and Pluto

physics-you taught mankind-

Newton and Einstein,

thanks for discovering

motion and gravitational laws,

energy, and power formula.



Geology-did I hear-study of earth’s

rocks?

Repository for mineral

resources and other valuables.

Agricultural Science-from you

I learned food production,

soil science, preservation, and

rearing of animals.



Statistics-probability-

I learned could

become possible,

feasible, and doable;

turning numerals

into statement of fact

through data collection,

organization, analysis,

interpretation, and

presentation.



Economics-wealth creation

through four factors of

production-land, labor,

capital, and entrepreneur-

you keep teaching

those who care to listen

even before Adam Smith.



Political thought,

types of government, and

inter-government relationship,

political science taught me,

international relations

exposed me to relations

among nations.



Law and jurisprudence-

acceptable human behavior

and norms- I learned from you,

administration of justice from

interpretation, punishment, and

reward now I know.



Book keeping-records of

purchases, sales, income,

expenditure,

you taught me.



My school subjects-

many and varied,

you have taught me

so much,

you have made me

a complete man.



Image result for school subjects

Image result for school subjects









 








No comments: