Saturday, November 25, 2017

Life In Ring!


Life in Ring!

Walked into life,

hemmed in within visible

perimeter fence,

surrounded by seen and

unseen spectators.



In the rain,

in the sun,

left alone to fight,

battle of life and

battle of survival.



On slippery terrain,

I struggle to walk,

on rough road and

contours,

I bear all pains to live,

even in the trees,

I compete with birds

to share branches for

safety.



On mountainous

snow-capped peak,

breath-always fail me-

at sea and on rivers,

turbulent waves make

life miserable.



Many knock outs,

several falls,

countless night-of-cry,

in pain and anguish,

unseen gladiator torment.

Deadly his weapons,

sica has no pity,

harpoons-pin of death,

gladius-long sharp sword

misses no target-

spatha-instrument of

death-

hasta and verutum–

rods of punishment.



Far off-friends stay-

to watch my groaning,

sound-proof wall traps

my cry for help,

tormentors have no

restraints from evil.



Daily-spectators gather-

theater fill to the brim,

agora has no space and

rooms for legs,

coliseum always

overbooked just to

watch my struggles

in boxing ring.



Cries in the ring,

laughter for onlookers,

pains suffered-

tranquilizer for watchers-

jabs to the jaw-hilarity for

bystanders-

punches to eyeballs-

standing ovations

viewers give.



Deliverer from

boxing ring-why delay?

Umpires on hand unfair,

rules of game-unjust-

unequally paired partner

society gives me,

points skewed in favor

of opponent.



Delay no more,

come to my rescue,

delay no more,

please, come to my

rescue.








Related image

No comments: