Monday, December 4, 2017

Breastfeeding: Let Manna Fall!


Breastfeeding:

Let Manna Fall!

Image result for breastfeeding


Mother! Mother! Mother!

Give me the milk of life,

make mouth wet with

colostrum,

let body be strong with

foremilk and

let my soul fight diseases,

viruses, and bacteria with

hindmilk.



Mother! Mother! Mother!

I say-

let manna that gives life

fall from you.

let your nature-produced milk

make me grow,

let your breasts quench my

thirst,

let your breasts feed me.



Let your breasts create

eternal bond of friendship

between you and me,

make me happy

by skin-to-skin contact,

let your image be permanent

in my mind,

through breastfeeding and

eye-to-eye contact.

 



Mother-give me

Lactoferrin to shame

bacteria,

empower my soul

with Secretory IgA to put

viruses in check.



Lysozyme from you-

may it be my companion

to defeat E-coli and Salmonella,

Bifidus from your areola,

may it be a bulwark

against infections.



My brain-let fat soluble and

vitamins from your breasts

make stronger,

my eyes-yes-my retina,

central nervous system,

let the milk from your breasts

build and nurture.



Calcium and iron from your breasts

let them make my bones

stronger,

entire breast contents-

may they increase my

intelligence quotient



Mother-whichever way,

you want

cradle, football or

side-lying, standing,

sitting, squatting,

I say:

give me colostrum,

mature milk give me,

transitional milk-deny me not,

involution milk-make it available.



Mother-gift from your breasts

today,

comes with blessing and

benefit for tomorrow,

mother-liquid of love-

you give today,

turns tomorrow’s

promissory note

suckers of your breasts

shall without fail honor.



Mother-many waters-

you give today become

ever-flowing water-

you shall drink

tomorrow.

 

Mother! Mother! Mother!

Let your nipples flow with

liquid of love,

mother-let your areola

attract me baby

all day long,

mother-let the two

containers of life, love,

laughter, and hilarity

keep benefiting “mama,

baby, and the planet.”














No comments: