Tuesday, April 24, 2018

AFRICA-ARISE


Image result for midnight pictures
Africa-Years of Pain-

Africa-I won’t lose-

faith on you,

because your future

is great,

Africa-I won’t write you

off,

because your tomorrow

is certain.

Image result for africa arise

Africa-I won’t forget-

your dreams,

because some day-

it will come to past;

Africa-I won’t forget-

Yesterday’s cries,

water that nurtures

today’s greenery.



Africa-I won’t forget-

your children’s journey

across Atlantic,

to build nations,

Africa-I remember-

those sun beats in

plantations from

Brazil to North America.



Africa-I remember-

those abuses,

which no human

law can rectify,

I remember family

disruption and tear-apart,

I remember all open and

indoor wailings.



I remember those

cheap and unpaid

labors

from sunset to

sunrise.



Oh! I can recall

those fears-you

live with-

for centuries;

I remember the

trauma-

emotional pains-

no therapy can fix.

Image result for africa arise

I remember days

Days of famine and

thirst;

I remember-mothers’

cries- seeing her son

lynched for trivialities.



Never will I forget

unnecessary dirges

sung in churches as

memorials.



Africa-shall I forget-

sub human life-

you lived?

A record mind will

ALWAYS REMEMBER.


No comments: