Sunday, April 24, 2016

The Stings of Death.

The Stings of Death.

Death has lived with man
since man’s creation,
with force death has ruled
over mankind;
before it man trembles and
befuddles,
in its absence,
mankind discombobulate.

From sun rise to sun set,
death bears no good name,
its records and accounts
before man elicits no joy,
rather sad memories-
it relates.

Without notice death visits,
without warning it strikes,
cry, anguish, pain, and wailing-
foursome fruit it bears-
incurable open wound and
vacuum it leaves behind
after visit.

Without shame,
children it turns orphan,
without the-heart-of-a-man,
wives and mothers,
it makes widows.

Without pity and
compassion,
husbands and fathers,
it reduces to single parents.

Criminally,
families it denies loved ones,
without considering
the cost,
society it decimates.

Desirable it snatches
in their prime,
valuable trees in forest
it fells without sympathy.

With insatiable demand,
it ravages human society,
with fanatical zeal-
it sucks society dry.

In battlefields and
war zones,
death becomes
major beneficiary,
as few lives return home.

in pestilence,
in pandemic, and
during plague,
it harvests so much,
until vaults and graves
are overfilled.

In violence-death
remains joyous-
in calamity it celebrates,
in tragedy it rolls out drums,
in pain, distress, and trouble-
it felicitates.
In adversity, sorrow, and
torment,
thunderously, it claps hands;
in disaster and misfortune
cymbal, harp, flute, and trumpet
become its immediate friends.

In the day,
light it turns red or
dark;
during the night,
lunar eclipse it gives
to cast shadow upon
the earth that sons of
mankind shall not see,
but to walk and to weep
in darkness.

Death! Death!! Death!!!
Shall I cave in because of
your evil deeds?
I say: No!

Death! Death!! Death!!!
Shall I shiver because of you?
No! For conqueror, I shall be.

In face of stings you pull-
I shall never waver in my
faith-
in face of damage and
pain inflicted,
I shall bear with equanimity.

In face of setback,
you caused,
I shall never lose hope,
in face of your violent roar,
I will remain steadfast.

With certainty,
I shall conquer,
without doubt,
I shall win.

I may cry today,
be in sackcloth for a time,
cover my head in ashes,
I shall never go forever;
with passing of time
healing shall come,
pain of yesterday
shall go.

In the end,
Death-thou shall be-
silenced and put to
shame forever.





 




No comments: